Sunday, October 11, 2009
Week 1 down...
So I survived my first week of work! I was so nervous! I was surprised at how much I still remember. I thought that 2 years out of the healthcare field is long time. I was afraid that I would show up to work and not remember how to do anything. However after about the first hour I was feeling pretty good. I actually remembered the patients, and meds and how to do shots and how to use the computer. It was great. It felt like coming home in a way. I'm working for the same group of doctors that I did all my training with and worked with for 5 years. I do have to admit that I cried on the way home from my first day. It was an odd mixture of feelings. The biggest thing was that I missed my kids and I was worried about them all day. But working there also made me miss "him." (Sorry I can't quite bring myself to type his name). I started working in that office before I graduated from highschool. I worked there when I first started dating "him." I worked there after I first married "him." I worked there up until I had Joseph. Being there brought back a flood of memories and I had to keep reminding myself that "he" was not going to be calling on my personal line at work like "he" used to always do. "He" wasn't going to be waiting for me at home after work to hear about all my exciting stories. A divorce is a grieving process for sure. But working has also helped the healing process alot. I now have a great support system at work. I also find that I lose myself with the patients while I'm at work. I'm not constantly thinking about "him" and my circumstances. Plus I am exposed to people that have much worse situations than I do and I see that they too are surviving. I am also surviving school. I am almost finished with my second week and it has served as a great distraction too. My first class is just a class about setting and accomplishing goals. It's been ok. I'm excited to start the education classes next month though! In other news this week the divorce papers came in the mail this week. They all look ok. So now I just have to sign them this week and then "he" will sign them and then most importantly the judge will sign them. Then it will be official. Crazy! However I am starting to feel antsy to start dating. I'm ready to start that next chapter in my life. It is kind of fun to think of finding some awesome guy to fall in love with. *sigh* So keep your eyes out for my Mr. Wonderful! Well there you have it folks. All the most recent news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment