Monday, October 26, 2009

"tis the season to get sick!

It must be that time of year when everyone is sick! Joseph started with what I thought was a stomach bug Thursday night. Anna and Josephs' dad took them to get their flu shots on Thursday afternoon so I thought that maybe Joseph was having a reaction to the shot or something. He threw up once before bed and then once in the middle of the night. Of course he was in my bed so I had the pleasure of cleaning up both him and myself each time. Then Friday morning Anna had a fever. Luckily my dad had already taken Friday off so he stayed home with the kids. It was a huge help! By Friday evening my mom called to tell me that she thought I should take Anna to see the Dr because she had been pulling at her ear all day. So Friday night we headed off to Kids care. Sure enough she had an ear infection. Joseph was doing ok by this time and had stopped throwing up so I thought we were ok. Saturday evening when Joseph woke up from his nap he had a fever and a horrible diaper rash. I mean this rash was so severe that he just screamed when I took his diaper off. So it was off to kids care with Joseph. He was diagnosed with Strep that had spread to his little diaper area. It was only the 2nd time that the Dr had seen this happen. Luckily Joseph's dad could meet us there and he ended up taking Joseph to his house that night so that I only had to deal with one sick baby. By the time I woke up Sunday morning I knew I had caught Joseph's strep throat. Anna went over to her dads and I just slept the whole day. Thankfully I have Monday's off so I just took it easy at home with the kids. I started on an antibiotic today. So now all 3 of us are on medicine! It has been a crazy week but hopefully we are all on the mend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry everyone has been ill - ugh its the worst!!! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon...and I know its only a matter of time before we get ill... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want a teaching job, they are hiring at Challenger where I work. Free daycare ;) Call me 801-425-2225

    ReplyDelete

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers