Here he is giving me the thumbs up before he throws it away.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Bye Bye Binky!
It has finally happened! My son gave up his binky! It is a very exciting thing for me. I was afraid that my son was going to be the first Missionary to sleep with a binky at night! Since Joseph was about 18 months he was only using the binky at night or at nap time. This worked great because I knew that I could give him a binky at night and he would go to sleep. This was also a huge hassle because he would wake up in the middle of the night crying because he couldn't find his binky. He also knew how to find it in his sleep. It was actually quite comical to watch him find his binky in his sleep and put it back into his mouth. My little sister Ashlie was really concerned about this and liked to tell me that he was never going to give it up. Over about the last 2 weeks Joseph just sort of stopped using them. He stopped using them at nap time about a month ago. He lost his binkys a few weeks ago and I did not want to have to buy him any more. So I told him that he didn't need them anymore because he was a big boy. He has done really well at night and hasn't had a problem. Today he found one of his binkys under my bed. So we took it out and threw it in the garbage can because big boys don't need binkys!
He threw it in the garbage and was really proud of it. He came in and told grandma that he threw his binky in the garbage. My advice to all you parent's out there who are worried that their kids will never give up their binky is to let them do it on their own time. Although I do have to admit that it was extremely convenient to have him lose them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Ahh....such victory!!! It's always such a triumphant day when the darn binky goes away! And I agree, it happens when they are ready(usually later than we'd like but it happens)! I also loved your cute pumpkin photos. Your kids are darling. You are such a great mom.
ReplyDelete