Friday, October 16, 2009
Punkins!
It's Autumn! Time for Pumpkins! Or punkins as Joseph calls them. He has loved Halloween time! Grandma has gotten all of her Halloween decorations out and Joseph's favorite part of the day is to plug in all the light up decorations. Sometimes the lights get plugged in in the middle of the day when Joseph is home! Tuesday night Joseph and Anna got to carve pumpkins at their cousin Myka's house. They had so much fun! Ashley made really good homemade chili and then the kids got to carve pumpkins! It was funny because Ashley bought these really cool stencils to use and both Joseph and Myka picked out a stencil to use on their pumpkins. By the time we got done cleaning out the pumpkins both kids had sort of lost interest. So we ended up just carving a simple classic jack-o-lantern face on Joseph's. Myka decided that she wanted to carve a kitty cat on her pumpkin. So Ashley let her free hand her best kitty cat,which looked more like a mix between a kitty and a giraffe. I didn't get a picture of them actually carving the pumpkins because I had my hands full with Anna.
But this is Joseph showing off his jack-o-lantern! He was excited because it matches the light up one we had at home. He kept saying 2 of them. He loves to count things and he gets excited if there are 2 of them! I've been off work the last couple days. So today we painted pumpkins! Joseph loved it!
He didn't want to stop painting. His pumpkin turned out to be a brown color.
Anna slept the whole time which was actually pretty convenient. I painted Anna a pumpkin. I painted hers pink. Joseph made quite a mess but he had a lot of fun! I had to post both pictures of them with their pumpkins. I love Anna's expression in the second one and Joseph is actually looking at the camera in the first one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








So sweet! We can't wait to carve ours too!
ReplyDelete