Wednesday, May 30, 2012
What I didn't want
A few weeks ago I wrote about giving up. I was confused about what the next step in my life should be. I decided to take a step back to see where Heavenly Father wanted me to go. Well He let me know. I moved this last week-end and I feel like I was truly guided to be in this house. I am renting a house...it's actually the same house my parents rented about 15 years ago. Crazy, huh? I was driving by one day and noticed that it looked like maybe they were re-painting it to rent it out again. I didn't really think much more of it. A few days later I noticed the For Rent sign on the front lawn. Again I didn't think much of it. Later that night my mom and Terry sat down to talk to me about what my plans were in regards to buying a house. I really wanted to be moved out and all settled by the time school starts this Fall. They both talked about maybe renting since the whole house buying thing wasn't working out. I started thinking about maybe renting again. I mean I wanted to buy but I started to think that maybe it wasn't the right time. I prayed about it and thought that I would call and check on the house. I mean it couldn't hurt to check and see if it was even in my price range. I figured that if this was where I was supposed to be then that is where I would end up. So I gave the landlords, who remembered my parents a call. The house was in my price range so I set up a time to go and look at the house. When I went and looked at the house I fell in love with it all over again! I knew that is where I wanted to be. I filled out an application on Friday and then I sat back and waited to see if it would work out. I didn't really say anything to anyone other than my family because I didn't want to jinx it. They called me on Monday to let me know that I got it. I was so excited! Even though I hate moving I was so excited to be moving into my own place. It has been such a nice change...a fresh start. I went and got Joe registered for kindergarten. It has been so fun to unpack my things and the kid's things and think about all the fun things and great memories we are going to make in our new house. I will post pictures once it is all decorated. My little sister Ashlie moved in with us too. It has been such a huge blessing to have her with us. She always teases me that she is my stand in husband and that she is the best husband I have ever had. It's true. She is so helpful around the house and she absolutely adores my kids and my kids adore her too. It has been fun to live with her again. It is so funny how everything worked out. I didn't think I wanted to rent. I was going to buy. But now that I am in this house I know that this is what I wanted. I have learned this same lesson over and over in my life. Sometimes Heavenly Father gives us things that we never knew we wanted. And sometimes what we think we need and want isn't really all that wonderful at all compared to what He actually gives us or has in store for us. Sometimes He takes good things away from us to give us better things. And when we get those "better things" we appreciate them more. I know that the life lessons that I am learning now are preparing me to be a better mother and someday a wife. I have felt so ready to be married again and not single anymore. However I have a strong feeling that I still have things that I need to be learning right now. My story as a single mom isn't finished yet. This new house is simply another chapter. I am so grateful that I was given this opportunity to live in this house even though I didn't even know that I wanted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment