C is for Cousins!I wanted to do a post about my cousins. Family is something that is so important to me. I feel like I was so lucky to grow up in a big family with lots of aunts and uncles and cousins. We have all tried to be close through out the years and I love it! Because of my family situation I am fortunate to have 3 family sets of cousins. Let me see if I can count them all...According to my calculations I think I have 39 cousins! Holy cow that is a lot! That doesn't include cousin in laws and my cousin's kids.I guess I'll take a minute to write about each group! (If this is boring to you, I'm sorry. This is just part of the ABC's that make up me. You can stop reading now if this is boring to you.)
The D's (21):
On the D side (which is my dad's side) there are 3 of us girls who are all a year apart. Stephanie is the oldest then comes me and then Amanda. I love these girls! We have had some fu
n times together. You couldn't find 3 more different girls! But we make it work. Throughout the years we have all lived in different places. In fact now that I think about it I don't think that the 3 of us have ever lived in the same state at the same time. Stephanie and I have been buds forever. Aunt Lennie used to babysit me a lot so I got to go to Stephanie's house a lot. She had this big walk in closet and we used to like to sleep in it when we had sleep overs. The closet seemed so much bigger when we were 5! We used to have lots of sleepovers. We
also loved to shop. I think I went to the mall more with Stephanie and Lennie then with anyone else, ever. Their favorite store to shop at was Nordstrom. In fact they both work there now :) Then when I was 12 Stephanie and her family moved to Spokane. We actually bought their house and my parents still live there. Actually I still live there too. Amanda and her family moved here shortly after that. I used to only get to see Amanda when we would go on family trips to Washington. It was way more fun to have her here in Utah. One Su
mmer when we were in high school Stephanie came to visit and the three of us rode trax down town to go shopping. It was so much fun. Of course both of them were there for my wedding. As a matter of fact the 3 of us had a sleepover in my little apartment 2 nights before I got married. We all 3 slept in my King size bed. It's strange to explain the bond I feel to these 2. We are more than just friends. We can go months without talking to each other and then when we call each other it's like no time has passed at all. This August Amanda and I are flying to Spokane to go to Stephanie's baby shower. I am so excited to spend the week-end with these ladies. Stephanie will be such a great mom!
The P's (5)
There aren't too many P cousins. My mom has 2 younger brothers. One is like 18 months younger than her and one is like 12 years younger than her. Her brother, Kyle, who is much younger tha
n her is the only one who had kids. He has 5 of the most amazing kids I know. I just love the P Family! I remember when Emma was born. I was so excited to finally have a cousin! I was 9 at the time. I remember going to see her at the hospital and thinking it was so cool to not only have a cousin on the P side but it was also a girl! In fact for a while I thought I was only going to have P cousins! Now there are 3 girls and 2 boys. It's also kind of cool because Kyle and Julie's youngest boy, Joseph, is only 4 months older than my Joseph. They live in St. George and I don't get to see them near as often as I would like. I have always loved my Aunt Julie and I hope that I can be as good of a mom as her. She is one of the most patient, and genuinely sweet people I know. Emma just turned 16 a few weeks ago. Where did the time go?
The S's (13)
Last but not least are my S cousins. These are from my other mom Julie's side. I've been thinking a lot about all of them lately, especially Bart and his wife Shantyl. They just h
ad twins yesterday. A boy and a girl. I am so excited for them. I only wish they weren't so far away in OK so I could see them. Bart is a year older than I am but we graduated the same year. We have always been pretty close. He went to school at BYU-I and so he would come and visit our family a lot on the week-ends. When he came over with Shan to tell us that they were getting married on April 10th I remember teasing him and telling him that I was going to be busy having a baby th
at day. We all laughed and joked around about it because the 10th was 10 days before my actual due date. Sure enough I went into labor on the morning of the 10th. When I called my family to tell them I was at the hospital they were all on their way to Logan for Bart and Shantyl's wedding. Needless to say my family didn't stay for the luncheon or the reception. Too bad Joseph wasn't born until 8 that night! The next day guess who showed up to see us at the hospital? Bart and Shantyl. Their flight was leaving later that day and so they stopped by on their honeymoon to see Joseph. I was so touched that they would stop by to see us! Bart and Shan are going to be such great parents. I am so excited for them.
I hop
e that Joseph and Anna will be able to have a close relationship with all of their cousins! I know that they love playing with their Cluff Cousins and thei
r Dietz Cousins. They are lucky to have so many cousins. Johnny and Joseph are becoming such good little buds and I love it. They love to play with each other and Joseph often times asks to go to Johnny and Eliza's house to play. Eliza and Anna always get so excited to see each other too. I hope that my kids will always keep close contact with their cousins! So there you have it folks a special post about some special C's!
Song: We are Family
Up next...D is for Divorced and Dating








No comments:
Post a Comment