Saturday, March 26, 2011

The beginning...

All right folks! So here is the story of how we met. I knew I couldn't get away with that last post without telling the story. Good thing I love to tell it :)

After Dr. Dietz retired in September I went to work for a home health company. One of the things that I do is assign occupational and physical therapists to patients that come on service. I communicate with all of them via text messaging. We also have a weekly meeting with all of the various therapists and nurses involved in patient care. Shortly after I started working there I noticed this super hot single physical therapist. I sort of felt like maybe he was flirting with me as we were texting but I had been out of the dating world for so long that I wasn't really sure. I even told my mom about him right after I started working there. But he never asked me out and he never seemed that interested in me at the weekly meetings. We would occasionally joke around during the meeting but nothing too serious. I would always make sure that I looked super cute on Wednesdays though just in case he was checking me out. In the mean time he had told one of his patients about me and that he wanted to ask me out. She convinced him that I was too young for him and that I wouldn't be interested. So he dropped the idea of asking me out, but the random flirtatious text messages and casual exchanges on Wednesdays continued. In December I told my brother and his wife about this physical therapist at work who I thought might be flirting with me but I wasn't sure. My brother asked for some specific examples of why I thought he was flirting and we decided that he was just being friendly and was in fact not flirting. This was somewhat of a relief to me because I had thought about asking him out but after this conversation I was glad that I hadn't because clearly he was just being friendly. In January we had 2 different benefit meetings and he sat by me at both of them. We had some casual conversations but again nothing too serious to make me think he was interested. One afternoon toward the end of January I was texting him about one of his previous patients who has a crush on him. I teased him that he could totally ask her out now that he wasn't her therapist. He responded with a super cute message that said that he actually would like to take me out sometime. I was totally shocked!!! He was in fact flirting with me all along! I was so excited to go out with him. We totally hit it off. I knew during our first date that I wanted to go out with him again....and again....and again.

So there you have it. The story of how we met. Don't worry pictures and more stories will follow; after all this is only the beginning of our story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers