Monday, March 14, 2011

Anna Jean

2 years ago today my sweet little Anna Jean was born. It is so crazy to me that she is really 2! I often look at the last 2 years of my life and think that they have been the longest 2 years of my life. But then I look at my Anna and think, "Where has the time gone?" I love that even at this young age Anna has such a huge personality! She was such a good baby and she started sleeping through the night at about 3 months which was nice because I never thought her brother would ever sleep through the night. She was just such an easy baby. However as she has gotten older she has developed this stubborn personality. She loves to be bossy and loves to be in control (this doesn't sound at all like her mother does it?). She loves to do things herself. In fact her favorite thing to say is, "I do it." She says this about everything! Sometimes it's hard to not get inpatient with her because she wants to do everything herself and I know that I could do it about 10x faster. She also has a little mind of her own. She wants to pick out her own clothes. She likes to get her own diaper. She wants to pick what she eats. I sometimes have to take a deep breath and remember that one day we will have much bigger battles than eating fruit snacks and string cheese for breakfast and wearing snow boots when there is no snow! I will look back on these days and wish these were still the things we were fighting about! I also love that her speech has exploded! She says the funniest things in the funniest tones. She has these funny facial expressions that makes it hard to take her seriously. She has also started to tell people "Love you." It is so sweet and makes my heart melt every time I hear it! She loves to talk on the phone and sounds so grown up while she's doing it. Whenever I hang up the phone she always asks, "Who's that?" Then when I tell she nods and repeats their name. Whenever she wants to be carried or held she'll always say, "Carry you." She also says this if she wants to carry something. For instance today she wanted me to carry Bear Bear to the car so she told me "Carry you bear bear." She loves going to church! I was a little nervous how she would do in nursery once Jo left in January. But she has been just fine. Her nursery leaders always tell me what a kick they get out of her. She loves to say prayers and is always good at reminding me. I don't usually have the kids say a prayer before breakfast or lunch but Anna insists that we do. She also likes to remind us to read the scriptures every night. It amazes me that even at her young age she knows it's important. She also loves to point out Jesus whenever she sees a picture or a statue of Him. She is a total girly girl! She loves to watch me get ready in the morning, especially when I am doing my make-up. She also loves jewlery and shoes. I know I am trouble already!!! I am so thankful for my Anna Bana, Anna Bell, Nana, Baby girl. I am so thankful that I get to be her mom, I just wish she would slow down a little bit and quit getting so big. Happy Birthday Anna Jean!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers