Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

We had such a blast this 4th of July! We went to my mom and Terry's during the day. Terry loves to put the pools up for the kids. It drizzled on and off all day but luckily it didn't rain hard enough to stop the kids from swimming. Can you believe that Anna actually got into the pool?!? She was a little nervous about it at first. She would barely stick her bum in the water and then she would stand up all proud of herself because she dared to get her bum wet. I finally convinced her to sit down in the little pool.

Jo loved being in the big pool. He loves the water!!

And I was eventually able to convince Anna to get into the big pool with Jo. They both had fun. Anna slipped and fell in the pool and had a hard time getting back up. Jo started clapping and saying "Yay Anna you're swimming, you're swimming" I got her out of the water and she was crying. I was afraid she would be too scared to go back in. But she was fine. The thing she was most upset about was the fact that her hair bows got wet!!! After swimming we headed over to my dad's for a BBQ.



Anna and Eliza wanted to watch the Little Mermaid. They had to climb into the guest bed to watch the movie.

The boys decided that they wanted to join too!
Once it was dark we went out to watch fireworks. My parents had a block party in their circle. All the neighbors brought treats and my dad made rootbeer. The kids had fun watching the fireworks. Fireworks were the best part of the 4th for me because I got to watch them with my fiance...and I totally got to show him off to all my parent's neighbors. Yep I'm pretty lucky!










No comments:

Post a Comment

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers