Friday, June 17, 2011

What we've been up to...

So I have been a camera dork and haven't been taking very many pictures lately and for some reason I think that I can't post without pictures. But I realized today that it has been almost a month since I have posted anything and we've had a lot going on! I have taken a few pictures but not a whole lot. I will be better about taking pictures. I promise:) We've had a pretty fun summer so far even though it hasn't really been that warm. I have discovered that Joe absolutely LOVES the water while Anna absolutely HATES the water! Joe could spend hours and hours in the water. A couple weeks ago we went to a birthday party for my nephew Kayden. They had little kiddie pools set up in the back yard. Jo was so excited to put his new swim suit on and got right in the water. Anna told me that she didn't want to get in the water at all. However when she saw her cousin Eliza in her swim suit she decided that maybe she would try the whole swimming thing. I put her in the little kidde pool, which was surprisingly warm, and she screamed! I tried to show her how fun it was and I made her sit down. She just kept crying "Me wet, me wet, my bums all wet." Silly little girl! Joe stayed in until his skin was all wrinkly and I had to drag him out to eat something. I love this picture! That's Joe holding the red ball having a blast. And then there's Anna in the little brown swim suit just watching. She didn't dare get any closer to the pool because she might get wet!Anna spent the rest of the birthday party with her new baby cousin Spencer. I thought maybe just maybe Anna might be ready to start the whole potty training thing. She will always tell me after she pees and immediately wants her diaper changed. So on Memorial Day I thought I would try the whole potty training thing. I got a pink princess potty and Dora and Princess panties. She peed once on the potty and it freaked her out! I praised the heck out of her and took her to Target and let her pick out a toy. She picked out this little princess bed for her Ariel doll. I told her that if she went for the rest of the day without peeing in her panties she could have the bed. By 5 that evening she still hadn't peed in the potty. She hadn't peed her pants either. The girl just didn't pee! I knew that she had to be holding it. Right as I was thinking to myself that I was going to have try sitting on the potty,again, I heard her start crying in the kitchen. I walked in and she was standing by the garbage can in a puddle of pee. That little stinker knew she had to pee and was trying to get her diaper from the night before OUT OF THE GARBAGE to pee in it! I couldn't believe it! For the next week I tried, her dad tried, grandma tried, and Aunt Ashlie tried to get her to pee on the potty. She would go once in a while for everyone except me...I have yet to get her to pee for me since the first time. I have sort of given up and am taking a step back until she is more ready.

In other news though her hair is finally long enough for pig tails and she actually likes wear them. As a matter of fact when she wakes up in the morning she'll tell me that she wants piggies. So cute!

Joe has started taking a little soccer class at the local rec center once a week and loves it! Curts boys, Caden and Colton have both played soccer with Jo ewhich makes Joe like it even more! We went this last weekend to watch Colton's soccer game. Caden wasn't playing so he took Joe to the empty field next to us and was teaching him how to play. I also want to sign Joe up for swimming lessons because he loves the water so much. I think he is ready to learn. I was debating about signing Anna up but I don't think she's quite ready for them yet. Jeo finished up his speech therapy pre-school at the end of May. He has made some real progress but still has a ways to go. Next year he will go to the school one morning a week and work with a speech therapist one-on-one. I am also looking into pre-schools for him for next year. When did my baby get so big?!??

The last few weeks have been a really fun time for us and our little family. We have had fun hanging out with Curt and his kids. His boys have really loved the idea of being "big brothers." A few Sundays ago we went to Curt's to hang out with him and the boys. We put a movie on and pretty soon I nudged Curt and told him to look over. Colton had found some Leapster handheld game and was sitting next to Jo on the couch teaching him how to play. They were sitting so close to each other that their little heads were touching and Colton was just being so patient as was teaching Jo how to play. Caden had gone and found every stuffed animal they had and was entertaining Anna and making her laugh. It just felt so natural. Last week-end we roasted marshmallows in the back yard and the boys all played on the tramp. They even let Anna get on the tramp. The twins were both so nervous and careful with Anna. They didn't want her to get hurt! It has been so fun to see our little (ok it will be big...I mean we'll have 5 kids) family grow closer to each other. The kids all hug each other when they leave and both sets of kids talk about each other all the time. Jo and Anna always make sure to bless Caden and Colton and Maci in their prayers every night. It's just been such a cool experience. I also had the chance to meet all of Curt's family last week-end. We went to bbq at sister's house for an early Father's Day celebration. Can I just say how cool the Myricks are? Curt has 3 sisters and 1 brother and a ton of nieces and nephews! They were all just so nice and welcoming to me and my kids. As a matter of fact Curt's sister Lisa took Anna from me the minute we walked in. I thought Anna might be nervous going to her since she was a stranger but Anna went right to her and cuddled up on her shoulder like she's known her for years! The older girl cousins loved her too and even got her in the water for a few minutes (His sister has this way cool pool with a slide and a water fall.) Jo got in the pool and there were so many older kids for him to play with. I didn't have to worry about him at all. Curt's cute parents were going on and on about how many grandkids they have and about how they'll have 2 more when we get married. It was just so neat.

Speaking of marriage I suppose I should mention our wedding plans. We have been talking and thinking about what we want to do. We set a date...September 10, 2011...yep 09/10/11...cool huh? We had originally thought about November 11...11/11/11 but decided that it was too far away! At this point we are thinking that we are going to go to Maui, just the 2 of us, and get married. Then next year when we get sealed we'll do a little celebration. We just didn't want to have to go through all the drama and chaos that seems to go along with planning a wedding. So don't be offended that I'm not having a big wedding and inviting all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers