We quickly learned that Chicago is ALL about the food! On Saturday we went to Portillos for an authentic Chicago hot dog. I'm not a hot dog person but Portillo's was actually really good. After lunch we went to see Navy Pier. We decided to take a boat tour of Navy Pier around Lake Michigan. My cousin decided to stay behind to feed the baby. So it was just Curt and I. There were lots of other boats offering tours but we decided to go on the Anita Dee mainly because it wasn't outrageously priced and it was ready to go right as we were there. Curt joked around though that it must be a sign because his mom's name is Anita and Joseph's middle name is a Dee. We laughed about it.
We sat up top. It wasn't super crowded and it was a little bit chilly. It started to drizzle a little bit. The tour started and the guide was telling us all about the history of Navy Pier and Chicago. Curt reached up to hold my hand and placed something in my hand. I opened my palm and it was my ring!! Then he asked me if I would marry him! I of course said yes. We spent a few minutes letting it sink in. At this point we looked around and realized we were the only ones still on the upper deck. Everyone else had gone down stairs to the lower deck to get out of the rain and the cold.

We had someone take our picture. As she was taking the first picture I told her that Curt had just proposed.

So of course we had to take a picture with the super cheesy pose to show off the ring :) I spent the rest of the boat ride texting everyone to let them know that Curt had proposed. It was fun to get off the boat and tell my cousin. It was so cool to be able to share that experience with Stephanie. I feel so fortunate to have my cousins Stephanie and Amanda. I know I have written about how I feel about them on my blog before. But I love these 2 girls! It's like having these amazing friends that are also my blood. It's cool and I love that I got to experience my engagement with Steph. After the excitement of our engagement we went shopping on Michigan Ave. I went to H & M for the first time. It was awesome. I have heard a rumor that we are getting one and this excites me!
After shopping we met Adam and Sara at Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder. It's this cool little restaurant. The building was used as a look out for the Valentines Day Massacre. There was a little bit of a wait. It was kind of cool because they don't take your name. They just look at you and remember how many are in your party. The host just remembers who you are and the order you arrived in. He comes and finds you when it's your turn. We had a pizza pot. It's sort of like a pot pie with pizza ingredients. It was amazing!!! After dinner we walked up to Molly's for cupcakes. They sell these amazing cupcakes in all sorts of flavors with all sorts of filling. Yum! Sunday morning we went and had brunch at this contemporary cafe called Orange. It was the best breakfast ever! They served frushi which is this yummy fruit version of Sushi. I had these Cinnamon Pancakes that were amazing! After breakfast we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Curt and I couldn't believe that it was free! It was every bit as good as the Hogle Zoo but it was free.

After the Zoo we went back to Stephanie and Adams'. We ordered traditional Chicago Pizza for dinner. I'm not kidding when I say that I gained 4 pounds during the trip! The food was amazing. We had a sort of frustrating night at the airport that night. Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:30 that night and then we were supposed to get into Salt Lake around 11, which seemed late enough. There were some horrible storm in Chicago that evening so they grounded all planes coming or leaving O Hare. Curt and I sat and watched nervously as they started canceling flights. We checked and the first 2 flights out of Chicago the next morning were already double booked. We sat with fingers crossed. Our flight finally left after midnight. We landed at almost 3 the next morning. Monday was awful at work! We both had such a great time and can't wait to go back and visit again. I had so much fun with my cousins!
We had someone take our picture. As she was taking the first picture I told her that Curt had just proposed.
So of course we had to take a picture with the super cheesy pose to show off the ring :) I spent the rest of the boat ride texting everyone to let them know that Curt had proposed. It was fun to get off the boat and tell my cousin. It was so cool to be able to share that experience with Stephanie. I feel so fortunate to have my cousins Stephanie and Amanda. I know I have written about how I feel about them on my blog before. But I love these 2 girls! It's like having these amazing friends that are also my blood. It's cool and I love that I got to experience my engagement with Steph. After the excitement of our engagement we went shopping on Michigan Ave. I went to H & M for the first time. It was awesome. I have heard a rumor that we are getting one and this excites me!
After the Zoo we went back to Stephanie and Adams'. We ordered traditional Chicago Pizza for dinner. I'm not kidding when I say that I gained 4 pounds during the trip! The food was amazing. We had a sort of frustrating night at the airport that night. Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:30 that night and then we were supposed to get into Salt Lake around 11, which seemed late enough. There were some horrible storm in Chicago that evening so they grounded all planes coming or leaving O Hare. Curt and I sat and watched nervously as they started canceling flights. We checked and the first 2 flights out of Chicago the next morning were already double booked. We sat with fingers crossed. Our flight finally left after midnight. We landed at almost 3 the next morning. Monday was awful at work! We both had such a great time and can't wait to go back and visit again. I had so much fun with my cousins!








No comments:
Post a Comment