It was my birthday Friday and it was by far one of the best birthdays ever! I feel so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life who helped make my birthday such a special day. It started out a little frustrating. My license expired on my birthday and I had every intention of getting it renewed earlier in the week. But to be honest with you the thought of going to the DMV totally bummed me out. Plus I had this ginormous cold sore on my lip so I wasn't too eager to go have my picture taken. I got to the DMV at 7:30 that morning only to find out that I had the wrong type of birth certificate. So I had to run to the office of Vital Records to get the right copy of my birth certificate. I got there at 8:05 only to find out that the office doesn't open until 8:30. I finally got my copy and ran back to the DMV. Lucky for me though there were no lines! My sweet boyfriend had called me at this point and was planning on meeting me at the office. I felt bad that he ended up having to wait for me. It was nice though to meet him in the parking lot before work. He gave me a dozen roses and the most beautiful necklace. It's a large aqua marine stone with diamonds around the stone. People at work had all signed a card for me and gave me a gift card to the movies and a candle. The day was filled with text messages, e-mails, phone calls and facebook posts from friends and family. It was awesome! The kids sent me flowers and got me a new Willow Tree figurine. That evening my Dad and Julie watched the kids while Curt and I went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant ever, The Garden which is at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It over-looks the Salt Lake Temple and it has windows everywhere. I love this restaurant! After dinner we walked around temple square and went to the visitors centers. Then we picked up the kids and came home and just hung out. Curt also gave me an I Pod touch. Yes folks I finally have an I Pod! Curt could not believe that I didn't have an I Pod on our first date. Curt really helped make my day so special. Sorry that the picture below is so bad. My darn camera!
PS: Not only have I finally entered the 21st century by getting an I Pod but I have finally said good-bye to my 80's bangs...stay tuned for pictures!








My heart can't stop smiling for you! Happy belated Birthday!!
ReplyDelete