Friday, December 3, 2010
Learning to Love Patience
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." My mom reminded me of this quote the other day and I've been thinking about it a lot lately. It's so true. You think you have it all figured out. You think you know just what it is you want out of life and how you're going to accomplish it. You set goals. You make plans. You think you're in charge! But then you realize that as you were busy making these "plans" that you're life was happening and your goals and ideas about life were changing. And guess what? You aren't really as in control as you thought! I've been reflecting a lot over this last year of my life and especially the last few months. I have been richly blessed even though, honestly, things haven't worked out exactly as I had "planned." But guess what? Life is still so so good. Look at my previous post to see all the wonderful things I have been blessed with! I have also learned so much about myself through this process known as life. I have learned a lot of good things about myself but I have also learned some not so good things about myself ;like that I can sometimes be inpatient. (Confession: I am a control freak. I want things done how I want it and when I want it.) Sometimes I get frustrated and inpatient with life. Sometimes I get inpatient with the Lord's timetable and start to think I might just know better than Him. Actually I am sort of feeling that way about life right now. I have made all these "plans" and they aren't happening as fast as I would like or in the manner I wanted them to! I have had to stop and remind myself of all the other unexpected things that have come up in my life and how at first they seemed awful, but have later realized all the blessings and growth that came from the experience. In the end I was glad that I was patient. It was worth it! So because of that I have started to think about the concept of loving patience. By this I mean learning to love the time we spend waiting for our dreams and hopes and wishes to come true. I want to be able to learn how to love the quiet times in my life when things aren't happening. I want to learn how to appreciate the growth that comes from facing trials. I want to look at patience as a time to grow and strengthen my faith rather than a time I want to quickly pass by. Simply put I want to learn to LOVE patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment