Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have much to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have had so many great things that have happened since the last Thanksgiving to be grateful for. First and foremost I am grateful for my Savior and Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the Gospel and that I have the opportunity to teach it to my children. I am so incredibly grateful for my two sweet little children who make my crazy world so much better. I am thankful for the rest of my family. I have amazing parents and siblings who are such a support to me. I am thankful for a secure job that pays me well enough to support my little family. I am grateful for my cute little apartment that has become my home. I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to go back to school and get an education. My life has been richly blessed and I am amazed at the continual outpouring of blessings in my life.


Even though I have been richly blessed I do have to admit that this was by far the hardest Thanksgiving I have ever had. This was my first Thanksgiving without my kids and it was so hard! I thought that I would be ok but I was so emotional. I wanted to share the whole day with the 2 little people I love the most in this World and I didn't get to. I wanted to cuddle up with them on the couch and watch the parade this morning and take them to dinner with my family. I decided to put the Christmas decorations up to distract me until it was time to leave for dinner. I also thought that it would be a fun surprise for Anna and Joseph to come home and see all the decorations. I put the tree up but didn't decorate it. I wanted to be able to do that part with the kids. I got everything finished before it was time for dinner. My mom decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant this year so that she didn't have to worry about all the prep and clean up. We ate Carvers Steak house. They served a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. It was really good. After dinner I went and picked up the kids and then we went over to my mom's house for pie. When we got home I had planned on putting the kids to bed and decorating the tree in the morning but as soon as the kids saw the house all decorated and the empty tree I knew our plans were going to change. We stayed up late and decorated the tree. It made the whole day worth it! I have a ton of cute ornaments from my Hallmark days. I laid out all the boxes and the kids took turns picking out ornaments to hang on the tree. They both got so excited! As soon we were finished they both went straight to bed. So now our little apartment feels like Christmas!

Look at those super cute, super cheesy grins! I love these little munchkins so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so tough Sarah. I'm glad you have them tonight atleast. I bet they were just glowing when they saw the tree. You're being a great Mom and if you weren't an emotional reck today you just wouldn't be human. I hope things get easier for you! You have such sweet little children. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe...those ornaments are so so cute!! Jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers