Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update....

I just had family pictures done and I thought that I would post some of my favorites here on my blog! They were done by Vivien Van Leeuwen Photography. She did an amazing job!



I felt like I wanted to get some pictures taken of the 3 of us so that I can really remember this time. Even though this is one of the hardest times of my life and there are a lot of things that I wish I could forget, it is still a really special time for both me and my kids.



My kids are growing up so fast...too fast it seems! I feel like this is such a precious time. Joseph will never be 3 again and Anna will never be 1 again.




Even though there are some things that really suck about being a single-mom there are also some rather neat things about it too. For instance this will be the only time (hopefully!) that it will be just me and the kids. ALL my time and attention is focused on them and no one else.



If I want to go outside and blow bubbles and draw with sidewalk chalk with the kids until bedtime I don't have to feel guilty that I am not spending time with my husband.



If Joseph or Anna wake up in the middle of the night I don't mind having them come and climb in bed with me because a queen size bed is awfully big when there is only 1 of you sleeping in it.

















If I want to take them to do something I don't have to clear it with anyone else really. I just pack them up and off we go. Lately the 3 of us have loved to take walks together in the evening. Anna giggles and bounces her feet when she is in the stroller. Joseph walks beside me and tells me all about his day. We love to read stories and watch movies.




I feel lucky because I am living at home and my parents pretty much take care of things around the house, like cooking and cleaning. That means that all my spare time I can spend with my kids and not really have to worry about cooking dinner or cleaning the kitchen. I try to do my "chores" when the kids are in bed or on my day off.




Now please don't get me wrong. I would love to be married and have the picture perfect family with mom and dad and the kids...but I also know that this period of time will NEVER happen again and I need to cherish my kids.



I know that one day I will be blessed to find someone to marry who will be awesome and everything I dreamed of. But until then I am trying to focus on my kids and being the best mom I can.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah these are breathtaking! I'm so glad she did them. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute pictures! You are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you left a comment on my blog! My mom was just telling me the other day that you follow my blog and I told her to get your blog address for me. I followed your old one but then when you changed I couldn't find the new one! Anyway, those pictures are WAY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are amazing. And if I didn't tell you when I saw these pictures the first time, they are so great. Your kids are adorable and you're an awesome mom.
    I'm adding you to my blogroll. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers