Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference

I was so inspired by Conference this year. I am continually amazed at how often I can see the hand of the Lord in my everyday life. Conference is not exception to this. I have really been struggling the last few months with feelings of inadequacy when it comes to motherhood. Being a single mom of 2 kids under the age of 3 isn't exactly how I pictured motherhood. However I was amazed at how many of the talks were either about or mentioned motherhood or parenthood. There were even a few mentions of single moms. There was an awesome talk this morning by Sister Lunt who was just released as the general Primary President. It talked about how we can teach our children. It was exactly what I needed to hear! I also really enjoyed the talk by Elder Ballard during the Saturday morning session. I think that conference is an amazing tool to give us guidance. I always feel like I hear exactly what I need to hear in regards to what I am struggling with. I know that other people listened to conference this year and got a totally different message than I did because they needed to hear something different. Joseph really surprised me as well. I knew that at 2 years old he would not sit and watch very much. However he was so excited when President Monson got up during the first session. He spent the majority of the time telling me what color ties and jackets and dresses he saw on screen. He would also get so excited whenever he heard his name mentioned, which was a lot! Anytime someone would mentioned Joseph Smith he would look and me and point to himself and say "Me?" This was a great way to spend my Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. YOU are an inspiration to me!! And you're just the wonderful mom I always thought you'd grow up to be! Thanks for posting your thoughts on conference! I enjoyed them!! :D

    ReplyDelete

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers