Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Ready for a change...
So I haven't had much to blog about lately. I suppose it has to do with the gloomy January month. I feel like we haven't really done much other than just pass through the motions everyday. It's kind of funny; the other a day a neighbor and good family friend came over with her husband to play cards with my parents on a Friday night. I hadn't seen her in awhile. She asked what I'd been up to. I replied, "Oh nothing much just work and school and being a mom..." She looked at me and laughed and jokingly said, "Oh is that all?" I think I have just gotten so used to this being my life that I don't really think I'm doing all that much. Although I do have to say that I have felt really burned out the last few weeks. I think it has to do with the fact that I feel like my life isn't quite where I'd like it and I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Part of me is just bored...bored with the going through the day to day motions...get up, get ready, get the kids ready, drop the kids off at the sitters, go to work, pick the kids up from the sitters, go home, get the kids and myself dinner, get kids ready for bed, put kids to bed, do home work, fold laundry and clean up, go to bed way too late and wake up way too early the next morning to begin all over again. Fridays come around and I have 3 days off which is nice...but I try to cram as much as I can into those 3 days. I guess I just want something exciting to happen... I would love to do something more than just sit at home on the week-ends doing homework. I suppose it's a small sacrifice now for my long-term happiness. I believe that happiness is self created but I honestly don't feel like I even have time to work on creating my happiness. Plus to be honest with you I'm too tired to work on it. I feel pulled in about a thousand different directions some days. I feel like I'm ready for some sort of change. I suppose I could rearrange my room. I have also been contemplating cutting my hair in a short a-line. I have also been working on losing some weight. I've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I don't know these are just small ways I've tried to bring about change in my life. I know that this hasn't been a very exciting blog post but I have tried to use this blog as a virtual journal and I feel like I need to write things how they are. But to end on a good note I'm posting this super cute pic of my kids that I took on Sunday. I just love my kids! They really do make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








So sweet! Sarah you are doing so much for yourself and your sweet little family! Don't take yourself for granted. We miss seeing you guys! We need to get the kiddos together so that Abby and Joseph can play!
ReplyDeleteLook at you go girl!! I can feel the same way at times and we have to remember our days are filled with tons of excitement!!! Don't you think!! Goodness, spit-up and tantrums...always exciting.
ReplyDelete