Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hello world! I’m back...

I would like to think that the last 2 months have been a time of healing. My mom compared it to recovery time after surgery. Most of the time when you have surgery the Doctor will give you time frame as to when you will be able to start functioning again. Well for the last 2 months or so I have been in a recovery stage. I have not been “functioning” so to speak. Now for the first time in a while I finally feel like I am a person again. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I am healed but I do feel like I can function again. I have spent the last few months on a journey of personal discovery. While I am not finished with this journey I do feel like I actually know where I’m headed now. The last 2 years have been a pretty rocky road and I am ready to finally have some smooth sailing. I have made some pretty big changes in the last few weeks. The biggest change is that I am no longer married. This is undoubtedly the biggest and hardest change of all. But I am ok. I may be single but I’m not alone! I have had huge support from my family and friends and even perfect strangers. The number of people that I have met over the last few weeks who have either been through something similar or have a loved one experiencing it surprises me. The one common message they all have is one of hope. Things will get better and they already have. I have also been extremely blessed through this whole process. When I came to realize that my marriage was over my humble prayer was that Heavenly Father would provide a way for me to take care of myself and more importantly my 2 precious children. He has continually blessed me. I have moved back home. There is something so comforting about being able to come home. My whole family has truly embraced me and my children with comforting arms. I have taken a job with Dr Dietz. He is the doctor that I worked for before I had Joseph. He is one of the kindest people I have ever met and I am really excited to go back to work for him. It’s strange how it all worked out that I would be able to go back to work for him. I have also gone back to school. I am taking on-line classes with the University of Phoenix to get my bachelors in Elementary Education. I want to teach 1st or 2nd grade. I have always wanted to be a teacher. I had enough credits that I am able to start right into the Bachelors program and I should be done in 2 years. I have always loved to read and I am excited to be able to share that love with other children as I teach them to not only how to read but to love to read. I am excited for this new chapter in my life. Life has taken an unexpected turn for me, however I firmly believe that we create our happiness. Even though this isn’t where I had pictured my life going it is still going to turn out ok. So check back often to see the happiness that I am creating!

5 comments:

  1. Sarah - I love the new blog look (so cute). I'm happy to hear things are getting better!!! Sure love you. We really need to get together for lunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl. I am so proud of you. You've always been a strong woman and this is no exception. Keep up the good work and always carry lots of hope. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, and so strong! Keep smiling things will only get better! Thinking of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are such a strong woman! I admire your strength and will to survive. I am here if you ever want to get ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this new blog! I am glad that I get to keep up with you and the kiddos now!! Miss having your friendship close by...

    ReplyDelete

When did he get so big?!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Growing too fast!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers